Elise is a 21 year old fashion/portrait photographer and photojournalist based in Brisbane, Australia.
Through using her voice as a photojournalist Elise strives to not only document current issues but to also create ways of engaging audiences to help generate awareness and change.
After graduating from high school in 2014, Elise went straight into a Bachelor of Photography at Queensland College of Art (Southbank) in 2015. She graduated in November 2017 with a major in Photojournalism and Documentary Practice with one of her projects stored permanently in the State Library of Queensland's archives.
Elise has been a part of numerous exhibitions before finishing her degree, one of these being an international photo festival in Nepal in 2016. Elise has had work on display at Lethbridge Gallery (Paddington) in July 2018 where she was a Gallery Finalist for the Lethbridge 10 000 competition. In addition to this, she has also produced an exhibition showcasing the works of a number of students, including her own, from an infield trip to Nepal titled "Within/Without" at the Webb Gallery, South Brisbane.
In addition to her images appearing in publications generated from university-lead infield trips, Elise has also had ‘A Sting in the Tale’ published in the June 2018 edition of Sci Art Magazine which is based in New York.
Elise was employed at Milque Photography and Films (Fortitude Valley) from September 2015 to 2017 as a wedding and event photographer and photographic retoucher.
Elise is now a freelance photographer with work ranging from photojournalism and travel to portraiture, fashion and events and is open to collaborations.
- Lethbridge 10 000| Lethbridge Gallery|July 12-22 2018
- Graduate Showcase Exhibition | Queensland College of Art, Southbank | October 18 - 25 2017
- Within/Without |Webb Gallery - Queensland College of Art, Southbank | Aug 29 - Sept 2 2017
- Non-Fiction Storytelling | Utopia/Distopia, Kathmandu Nepal, December 2016 (QCA, RMIT, Pathshala,
- Sci Art Magazine| Published June 2018
- Argus Special Edition 2017 Chinchilla | Published on Aug 21, 2017
- Utopia | created by students and staff from QCA, RMIT, Pathshala and Photo Circle | Published December 2016
- Gallery Finalist | Lethbridge 10 000 Small Scale Art Awards
- State Library of Queensland
- BA of Photography, Photojournalism and Documentary Major | Queensland College of Art/Griffith University | 2015-2017
- Award for Academic Excellence 2017
- Milque Photography and Films (2015-2017) | Wedding and event photographer, retoucher